Who we are
If you have a general question about the website or would like to update your marketing preference or make changes to your information, please email Data.Protection@mylivebook.com
Our Privacy Principles
At KnowledgePoint Limited, we apply the following seven principles when collecting and processing personal data. These are:
- Personal Data will be processed lawfully and fairly
- Personal Data will be kept, used, or disclosed for specific and lawful purposes
- Personal Data will be adequate and relevant, not excessive
- Personal Data will be retained for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which they were obtained
- Personal Data will be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- Personal Data will be provided in transcript copy to individuals upon request, in line with our commitment to the law
- Personal Data will be kept secure using technical and organisational measures, grounded in privacy by design.
However, this policy does not apply to information about you collected by third party websites that we may post links to or otherwise be accessible from our websites. The information collected about you by these third-party websites is subject to their own privacy policies.
What does this policy cover?
This Policy covers the MyLiveBook service offered by KnowledgePoint Limited.
What's not covered in this policy?
- MyLiveBook Distributors, Partners or Reseller Networks
- MyLiveBook Distributors, Partners, and Resellers networks are responsible for the sale and delivery of access codes for MyLiveBook content. Your interactions with our Distributors, Partners or Reseller are covered by their respective privacy policies. Personally Identifiable Information that is collected by the Distributors, Partners and Resellers network are not shared with KnowledgePoint Limited without your explicit consent. Also, we do not share any personally identifiable information with our Distributors, Partners and Resellers without your explicit consent.
What information do we collect?
We automatically collect some information about your device and web browser even if you're not a MyLiveBook registered user. This includes:
- IP address
- the internet browser and device you use
- device ID
- app ID
- the date and time you visited, and how you used our website and what content you accessed
We collect the above information with the help of Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a product that many websites and apps use to understand better how users consume their content. To find out more about how Google collects and uses your data when using our sites and apps please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
Information you provide to us when you create a MyLiveBook account:
- Email Address
- Date of Birth (If you are older than 18, we only store your birth year)
Usage data we collect from registered MyLiveBook users when they use the service
- The publications accessed
- How long the publications were accessed for
Other Information you provide us
Please note, you may provide personal information when you contact our Support team.
You have the option not to provide personal information. However, doing so may prevent us from delivering our services to you. Similarly, if you decline to let us put cookies on your device, our website may have limited functionality (see more information about cookies below).
Providing us with personal information about others
When supplying KnowledgePoint Limited with personal information about others (For example registering an account on behalf of another user), you are responsible for ensuring that you comply with obligations under applicable data protection laws. You must provide the required notices and have obtained the individual's explicit consent to supply us with their personal information. Also, you must
- explain to them how we collect, use, disclose and retain their personal information or
- direct them to read our Privacy Notice
Why do we collect this information?
KnowledgePoint Limited uses your information when we have a valid reason for doing so. This is called "lawful basis for processing".
We use the information that we collect about you for the following reasons:
- to ensure you meet the age of consent for your country of residence,
- to restrict publications for minors,
- to make publications available to certain regions (due to licensing or other restrictions),
- to provide customer service and technical support,
- to maintain, improve, and administer the MyLiveBook service,
- to deliver the features of the platform
- inform you about products and services that might be of interest to you,
- improve or personalise your online experience, our services, and our communications with you,
- identify and prevent fraud, cyber attacks or other malicious activity,
- enhance the security of our network and information systems,
- better understand how you use our service
Who do we share information with?
We do not disclose your personally identifiable data to any third parties, without your prior consent, unless we are required or permitted by law, such as when we believe such disclosure is appropriate to cooperate with an investigation of activities claimed to be unlawful, to enforce contractual obligations, or to protect our rights or property or those of others.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners. This includes data collected from you rolled up into an anonymised, aggregated format. For example, we share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services. We also share anonymised aggregated information with publishers, content owners, or rights holders to help them understand how MyLiveBook users are consuming their content. For example, we include such information as to what region is most actively accessing titles or the average length of time spent reading a particular title. This data is anonymised and cannot be used for targetted advertising by our partners. We also employ minimum audience sizes on aggregate data to prevent re-identification.
Finally, we may provide your information to one or more third parties in the event of a merger, acquisition, or corporate reorganisation involving us.
When will KnowledgePoint Limited Contact me?
- account administration (eg: we might send you an email to let you know that your account hasn't be accessed in the last 12 months and that we are about to delete it)
- to respond to a request, you have made to us, or to respond to a comment or complaint
- to invite you to take part in surveys about KnowledgePoint Limited Services
- for marketing purposes (only if you have opted in to receive direct marketing from KnowledgePoint Limited and are over the age of 18)
Minors (Persons under the age of 18)
Minors are people under the age of 18. Minors must be of the age of consent for Information Services, or older, in their country of residence to sign up for a MyLiveBook account. The age of consent varies from country to country, thus KnowledgePoint Limited has technical controls in place to prevents minors under the age of consent from signing up based on their country of residence. For a complete list of countries and their age of consent please click here.
We restrict minor accounts in the following ways:
- We do not market directly to minors
- We only make content available to minors that has been identified as appropriate by the content owners.
If you have any questions or queries around minor accounts, please contact our data protection team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long do we keep your information?
We only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is provided or because we are legally required to do so.
- MyLiveBook account data is retained as long as the account is active. If an account is not used for 24 months, then the account data is deleted automatically (You will be forewarned before account closure and deletion). You can request your account to be deleted at any time by emailing email@example.com from the email address of the account holder. Keep in mind, we keep a record of how you've used our services after your account is deleted, but this information cannot be linked back to you.
- Server logs containing information such as IP addresses is retained for 18 months and then either deleted or anonymised.
- Support requests made through our online chat tool or via email will be retained for 6 months.
- Google retains analytic data for MyLiveBook for 26 months. For more information please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
- When data is deleted, it is removed from our live systems immediately. We then begin a process designed to safely and completely delete the data from our backup storage systems. Safe deletion is important to protect our users and customers from accidental data loss. Complete deletion of data from our servers is equally important for users' and partners peace of mind. This process generally takes around 6 months from the time of deletion. Our backups are securely stored, encrypted and not accessible through the MyLiveBook service.
In some circumstances, you can ask us to delete your data sooner (Please contact our data protection team at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Where we store your information?
MyLiveBook is a global service with users all over the world. In order to provide a quick and responsive service for all our users we need to host the MyLiveBook web service in different geographic regions. In order to do this, some companies that provide services to us run their services from outside the European Economic Area. We only let that happen if we are satisfied with their levels of security. Keep in mind that when you give us personal information it could be being transferred, stored or processed outside the European Economic Area.
What rights do you have to access and control the use of your information?
You have the right to
- access your personal information we hold about you
- unsubscribe from marketing or withdraw any specific consents you gave us
- request a copy of the personal information that is being processed by us
- have errors in your personal information corrected
- have your personal information deleted (or altered so that you are not identifiable) or to restrict the ways in which we use your information - but in either case, only under specific circumstances prescribed by law
- lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority
How can you exercise these rights?
You can contact our Data Protection Team to exercise any of the rights listed above by emailing email@example.com
Finally, you can also make your request by writing to KnowledgePoint Limited, 50-56 Portman Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG30 1EA, United Kingdom. Please provide your name, e-mail address, mailing address and telephone number(s) and your specific request.
How do we protect your information?
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to help us protect your personal information. For example, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL/HTTPS) technology to encrypt our communications. When you create an account on MyLiveBook, you choose a password to help protect your account information. You should select a secure password and keep it safe.
What are Cookies and why do we use them on our website?
Cookies are small files which are stored on a user's computer. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular client and website and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer. This allows the server to deliver a page tailored to a particular user, or the page itself can contain some script which is aware of the data in the cookie and so can carry information from one visit to the website (or related site) to the next.
Cookies also help us to:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- To keep you signed in
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- To help us understand how you use our website
- Continuously improve our website for you
We use Persistent, Session and Third Party Cookies.
|Category||Purpose||Type and Duration [i.e. Session only or Persistent]|
|Persistent Cookie||Persistent Cookie Saves user information that may be accessed every time a user visits our site.||Persistent - outlasts session duration.|
|Session Cookie||Saves user information that may be accessed only as long as the browser session exists.||Session - lasts only as long as the session duration.|
|Third Party||These cookies save information on the user's computer and are accessed from domains different from the one shown in the address bar.||Persistent - outlasts session duration.|
Turning off cookies
By using this website, you agree that cookies can be stored on your web browser. If you do not wish to receive any cookies from KnowledgePoint Limited, you can simply disable cookies in your browser at any time. However, if you disable Cookies, our website may not function correctly. We never place Personally Identifiable Information in Cookies.
To disable browser cookies, please select from one of the links below.
Disable cookies in Internet Explorer and Opera